Be My Valentine Cookie
Write a review
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- oz. cream cheese, softened (from 8 oz package)
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- teaspoon almond extract
- cups powdered sugar
- to 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- cup chopped maraschino cherries
- cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting (from 16 oz container)
- 1 Mix together cookie mix, egg and flour. Add 2 oz. cream cheese (reserve remaining 3 oz. cream cheese), 2 tablespoons butter and almond extract; blend. Shape dough into 12x13-inch heart on large ungreased cookie sheet.
- 2 Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool on cookie sheet 20 minutes. Carefully remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 3 Beat powdered sugar, 3 oz. cream cheese, remaining butter and cherry juice with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Stir in maraschino cherries. Spread over cooled cookie.
- 4 Spoon chocolate frosting, reserving 2 tablespoons, into decorating bag, with small star tip (#21); pipe around edges of cookie. Using reserved frosting pipe message on top of cookie.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/