Ultimate Caramel Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
Write a review
- 18 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed nuts
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate, Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips and/or white baking chips
- Place popcorn and nuts in a greased roasting pan; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. X 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour or until dry, stirring every 15 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt each chocolate separately, adding 1 teaspoon shortening to each 1/2 cup chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; let stand until set.
- Break into clusters. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/