"It's Turkey Time" Cookies
Write a review
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- cup butter or margarine, melted
- Betty Crocker® green, red, orange and yellow sugars
- cup Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container)
- Miniature candy-coated milk chocolate candies
- Betty Crocker® red or orange decorator icing (from 4.25-oz tube) or gel (from 0.68-oz
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- 2 On lightly floured surface, roll dough about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with 3- to 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter to make 18 rounds. Place 9 rounds 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, to make “turkey feathers,” cut each of remaining rounds into 6 equal wedges. Place 9 wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle remaining 45 wedges with colored sugars as desired. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- 5 Bake wedges 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 6 Spread frosting on round cookies. Place undecorated and decorated wedges on cookies as shown in photo. Add candy-coated candies for eyes; draw feet with icing as shown in photo.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/