Tree-Shaped Brownie Torte
Write a review
- (19.5-oz.) pkg. fudge brownie mix
- cup oil
- cup water
- cup whipping cream
- (6-oz.) pkg. (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- cups powdered sugar
- cup margarine or butter, softened
- teaspoon vanilla
- to 3 tablespoons milk
- to 2 drops yellow food color
- chocolate star candies (8 to 12-oz. pkg.)
- tablespoon red and green candy-coated chocolate pieces
- yellow gumdrop
- chocolate-covered candy bar, cut in half
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9 inch pan with foil, extending foil over sides of pan; grease foil. In large bowl, combine all brownie ingredients; beat 50 strokes with spoon. Spread batter in greased foil-lined pan.
- 2 Bake at 350°F. for 31 to 33 minutes or until set. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled. Freeze brownies 30 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring whipping cream to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Let stand about 30 minutes or until spreadable. In small bowl, blend all frosting ingredients except food color, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Transfer 1/3 cup of the frosting to small bowl; add food color and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 4 Using foil, lift brownies from pan; place on cutting board. To cut tree shape from brownies, start at center of 1 short side and make 2 diagonal cuts to corners of opposite short side, forming a triangular piece in center. (See diagram).
- 5 Place 2 side pieces together on foil-lined serving tray to form tree shape. Spread with white frosting. Top with whole tree shape. Trim if necessary to line up edges.
- 6 Spread glaze evenly over sides and top of brownie torte. Pipe yellow frosting on tree for garland. Immediately top with star candies and candy-coated chocolate pieces. Flatten gumdrop with rolling pin; cut into star shape. Place star on top of tree. Place candy bar pieces at base of tree for trunk. Let stand 15 minutes or until set.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/