Tidy Caramel Apples
Write a review
- 3 large Granny Smith apples (or any apple of your choice)
- • 1 large lemon
- • 2 cups caramel squares, unwrapped
- • 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- • Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Cut your apples in half and use a melon baller to scoop out the insides, leaving the walls intact at about 1/2 to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon onto the apples and allow to set. (This will keep them from turning brown right away.)
- To make the caramel sauce, melt the caramel squares in a sauce pan over low heat, with the corn syrup. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, wipe your apples down, removing the lemon juice as much as possible. If the inside of your apple is too wet, the caramel wont stick.
- Pour the caramel into the hollowed out apples until just below the top. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Chill in the refrigerator until the caramel has set, about 20 minutes. Cut into slices and drizzle with chocolate sauce, if desired.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/