Stained Glass Cookies
Write a review
- cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- cup sugar
- cup honey
- tsp. vanilla
- cups flour
- tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- tsp. baking soda
- tsp. salt
- rolls (1-1/4 oz. each) ring-shaped hard candies
- BEAT butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Cover. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place dough on lightly floured surface; roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with 2-1/2- to 3-inch floured cookie cutters. Trace smaller version of each cookie shape on dough, leaving 1/2- to 3/4-inch border of dough. Cut out and remove dough from center of each shape; set aside. Place cutouts on baking sheets covered with foil. Shape remaining dough into ball; re-roll to make additional cutouts.
- CRUSH each color of candy separately between 2 layers of wax paper with mallet. Spoon crushed candy inside centers of cutouts.
- BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until candy is melted and cookies are lightly browned. Cool cookies completely before removing from foil.
- How to Make Cookies into Ornaments
- Before baking cookies, use a drinking straw to poke a hole in the top of each cookie cutout. Bake and cool as directed. Thread a piece of ribbon through the hole to use for hanging.
- Storage Know-How
- Cookie dough can be wrapped tightly and refrigerated up to 1 week, or placed in freezer container and frozen up to 3 months.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/