Spicy Pumpkin Bars
Write a review
- cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
- cups packed brown sugar
- teaspoons baking powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- teaspoon salt
- cup vegetable oil
- cup apple juice
- can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- container (16 oz) cream cheese creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening; lightly flour. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat bar ingredients on low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Spread batter in pan.
- 2 Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3 Spread frosting over cooled bars. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store in refrigerator.
- Expert Tips
- This recipe calls for one 15-ounce can of solid pack pumpkin; do not use pumpkin pie mix, which comes in a larger can and contains sugar, salt and spices as well as pumpkin.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/