Write a review
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- White decorator sugar crystals
- bag (16 oz) large marshmallows
- Pretzel sticks
- Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® chewy fruit snack rolls, any red or orange flavor
- Assorted candies (such as gumdrops, gummy ring candies, peppermint candies, chocolate chips, pastel mint chips, Betty Crocker® candy decors, string licorice)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make, bake and cool cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes.
- 2 Set aside 1/4 cup frosting. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. Sprinkle frosting with sugar crystals. Stack 2 or 3 marshmallows on each cupcake, using 1/2 teaspoon frosting between marshmallows to attach.
- 3 For arms, break pretzel sticks into pieces 1 1/2 inches long. Press 2 pieces into marshmallow on each cupcake. Cut 1-inch mitten shapes from fruit snack. Attach mittens to pretzels. For scarf, cut fruit snack into 6x1/4-inch piece; wrap and tie around base of top marshmallow. For hat, stack candies, using frosting to attach. For earmuff, use piece of string licorice and candies, using frosting to attach. For faces and buttons, attach desired candies with small amount of frosting. Store loosely covered.
- If you have only one pan and a recipe calls for more cupcakes than your pan will make, cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Cool the pan about 15 minutes, then bake the rest of the batter, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/