Snow-Capped Tree Cookies
Write a review
- oz white chocolate baking bar
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon almond extract
- drops green food color
- thin stick pretzels, broken in half
- teaspoon shortening
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Grate 2 oz of the white chocolate. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour, almond extract, 2 oz grated white chocolate and green food color until dough forms.
- 2 Divide dough into 6 pieces. Press each piece into 6-inch round. Cut each round into 8 wedges; separate wedges. On ungreased cookie sheet, place wedges 2 inches apart. Under each wedge, place half of 1 pretzel stick for tree trunk.
- 3 Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 4 oz white chocolate and the shortening uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Dip top of each cookie in white chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. If desired, decorate with decorator sprinkles or sugars. Place cookies on waxed paper; refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/