Slow-Cooker Beef-Tortellini Soup
Write a review
- lb beef stew meat
- large onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- large carrot, chopped (3/4 cup)
- medium stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoons sugar
- can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- cans (10 1/2 oz each) condensed beef consommé
- teaspoon dried basil leaves
- cups frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen cut green beans
- 1 In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, add beef, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, sugar, tomatoes and beef consommé in order listed.
- 2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- 3 About 25 minutes before serving, stir in basil, frozen tortellini and green beans. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 25 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Expert Tips
- Use any flavor of filled frozen pasta. Just make sure the pieces are bite-size.
- Add hot garlic bread for an easy meal.
- Top each serving with a teaspoon of basil pesto.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/