Write a review
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- cans (8 oz each) Muir Glen® organic tomato sauce
- teaspoon sugar
- to 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- teaspoons chili powder
- teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- can (15 oz) spicy chili beans, undrained
- cups Progresso® chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed (from 19-oz can)
- Sour cream, if desired
- Sliced green onions, if desired
- 1 In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, sausage and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- 2 In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture with all remaining ingredients except sour cream and green onions.
- 3 Cover; cook on Low setting 7 to 8 hours.
- 4 Top individual servings with sour cream and green onions.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/