Scarecrow-d Taco Dip
Write a review
- package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- teaspoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- cup sliced ripe olives
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- cup Old El Paso® refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- cup chopped lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- Triangular-shaped tortilla chips (about 3 inch)
- 1 In small bowl, mix cream cheese and taco seasoning mix until smooth. Spread on 10-inch plate. Spoon salsa evenly over cream cheese mixture. Reserve 4 olive slices; sprinkle remaining olives over salsa. Reserve 1/4 cup cheese; sprinkle remaining cheese over olives. Spoon beans in center of plate; spread to 6-inch circle to resemble head of scarecrow. Sprinkle lettuce around beans.
- 2 Cut 1 tomato in half; place each half on scarecrow, cut side up, to resemble eyes. Add remaining tomato to resemble nose. Place 1 reserved olive slice on each “eye” to resemble pupil. Cut the remaining olive slices in half and arrange the pieces to resemble mouth.
- 3 Arrange tortilla chips to resemble a hat on the scarecrow’s head. Arrange the reserved cheese to come out from under the hat and at the bottom of the face to resemble straw. Serve dip with tortilla chips. Store dip in refrigerator.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/