Scarecrow and Spider Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® Mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 container (8.4 oz) Betty Crocker® Cloud White Cupcake Icing
- 8 fudge-dipped flat-bottom ice-cream cones
- Betty Crocker® Fruit Roll-Ups™ Strawberry Chewy Fruit Snack
- Shredded whole wheat cereal biscuits, crushed
- Assorted candies, such as candy corn, red string licorice and small gumdrops
- 32 candy eyes
- Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy® Chocolate Ready-to-Spread Frosting
- 48 large black gumdrops
- Black shoestring licorice, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 16 regular-size muffin cups, or grease and flour muffin cups.
- 2. Beat Bisquick mix, sugar, milk, shortening, vanilla and egg in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Fill muffin cups about half full.
- 3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan; cool completely. Frost and decorate cupcakes as directed below for Scarecrows and Hairy Spiders.
- Scarecrows: Frost 8 cupcakes with white icing. Decorate each ice-cream cone with bow made with fruit rolls. Place ice-cream cone upside down on each cupcake for hat. Arrange crushed cereal on cupcakes for hair. Use candy corn for nose, red licorice and small gumdrops for mouth and candy eyes for eyes.
- Hairy Spiders: Frost 8 cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Squeeze large black gumdrops, one at a time, through garlic press to form hair; arrange on cupcakes. Insert black licorice pieces into cupcakes for legs. Place candy eyes on large black gumdrops for eyes.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/