ROLO "Day of the Dead" Apple Skulls
Write a review
- 6 wooden ice cream sticks
- 6 medium-sized apples , stems removed
- 62 ROLO Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Small white candies such as decorative snowflakes
- REESE'S PIECES Candies, TWIZZLERS Twists Candy, JOLLY RANCHER Fruit Chews or other small candies
- 1 Line 2 trays or cookie sheets with wax paper; generously butter paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Insert wooden stick into stem end of each washed and thoroughly dried apple.
- 2 Remove wrappers from caramel candies. Melt caramels and 1 tablespoon milk in top of double boiler over hot water. (Add additional milk, several drops at a time, if coating is too thick.) Dip apples into hot caramel mixture; turn until coated. Scrape off excess coating. Place on prepared tray. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until coating is sticky enough so that small candy or nut can be attached without sliding off the apple.
- 3 Press small white candies onto apple to form outline of skull. Decorate with other candies* to finish design. Place on second prepared tray; chill until firm. Store, covered, in cool place. 6 coated apples.**
- * Fruit chews can be molded or cut to form shapes. Knead candy until it is soft and pliable. If necessary, heat candy in microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for about 5 seconds to soften.
- ** Extra coating may be used as dip for apple slices, pretzel sticks, crackers or cookies.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/