Red Velvet Santa Cupcakes
Write a review
- can (15 oz) whole red beets (not pickled), drained
- cup fat-free egg product
- cup sugar
- teaspoon vanilla
- tablespoons vegetable oil
- container (5.3 oz) Yoplait® Greek 100 Fat Free vanilla yogurt
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- oz fat-free cream cheese (from 8-oz package), softened
- cup powdered sugar, sifted
- whole strawberries, stems removed
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- 2 In blender or food processor, place beets. Cover; blend on high speed about 1 minute, stopping occasionally to scrape sides, until smooth. Pour 1/2 cup beet mixture in large bowl (reserve remaining for another use). Add egg product, sugar, vanilla, oil and yogurt, stirring well to combine. Stir in flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 3 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4 In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread on cupcakes. Top each with 1 strawberry and an additional dot of frosting.
- Half of the pureed beet mixture will be leftover. Place in a resealable food-storage plastic bag, and freeze. When ready to bake another batch of cupcakes, simply defrost and use for batch #2!
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/