Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, opened and seeds scraped out
- 2 eggs + 1 extra yolk
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- Sift together flour, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Using electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy -about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla bean, mix well, then add eggs. Beat to combine.
- Add flour mix a bit at a time, mix until combined.
- Separate dough into 3 disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour work surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using desired cookie cutter cut cookies and transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (edges just starting to brown)
- Cook completely on cookie sheets before moving.
- Decorate with Royal Icing.
- Royal Icing
- 1 lb icing sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together medium speed for about 7 minutes.
- For covering cookies (flooding) add water to thin icing 1 teaspoon at a time until icing flows easily. Dry completely before decorating with brush embroidery technique. Youtube has many awesome videos to help learn this process.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/