Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Brown Butter Recipe
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Tone's® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin and cheese. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with brown butter. Yield: 14 pancakes (1 cup butter).
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/