Peanut Butter Christmas Mice
Write a review
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Red string or peel-apart licorice, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- Black decorator gel*
- Combine peanut butter and butter in medium bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar; continue beating until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Pinch 1 end to form nose. Place onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets or trays. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Place waxed paper onto flat surface. Place 1 candy onto fork (keeping remaining candies refrigerated). Dip into melted candy coating. Coat entire candy, allowing excess to drip off by tapping fork against side of pan. Place dipped candy onto waxed paper. Immediately insert 2 almonds for ears and 1 piece licorice for tail. Repeat with remaining refrigerated candies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until coating is set.
- Use decorator gel to make eyes and nose. Store refrigerated.
- *Substitute mini chocolate chips for eyes and nose.
- - Substitute vanilla-flavored candy coating for white mice.
- - Use any leftover candy coating for dipping pretzels, nuts and dried fruit.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/