Panhandle Beef Brisket Recipe
Write a review
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (5 to 7 pounds), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Remove 2 cups sauce to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for serving.
- Place brisket in a shallow roasting pan; brush with Liquid Smoke if desired. Pour remaining sauce over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Heat reserved sauce. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve sauce with meat. Yield: 16 servings (2 cups sauce).
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/