Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla glaze Recipe
Write a review
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cupcranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt cake pan.
- Place sugar, 1 1/4 cup butter, orange extract and eggs in large mixing bowl. Mix on low 1 minute to combine. Scrape down bowl. Mix on on high for 5 minutes.
- In second large bowl, use a large spoon to mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with the milk. Mix throughly.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts and orange peel; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes and remove from pan. Finish cooling on wire rack.
- For glaze, heat 1/3 cup butter in a small saucepan until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Stir in water. Drizzle over pound cake.
- ORANGE-CRANBERRY MINI POUND CAKES WITH VANILLA GLAZE: Make batter as directed; fill 16 greased and floured 4-in. fluted tube pans. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/