Muddy Buddy Chex Mix
Write a review
- 9 cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- 1 1/2 cups Reese’s Pieces
- 2 cups pretzels (can be the minis, regular, sticks)
- Pour Chex Cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter together on high for one minute. Stir and return to microwave, microwaving in 30 second increments until melted together and smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the cereal and gently stir to coat. I like to put on a pair of kitchen gloves and use my hands to toss the cereal in the chocolate so I don’t crush it. Place cereal in a large zip lock bag, pour powdered sugar in, seal and shake until evenly coated.
- Spread cereal out on to wax paper and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine cereal, candy corn, Reese’s Pieces, and pretzels. Store in an air-tight container.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/