Melting Snowmen Recipe
Write a review
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 pound white candy coating, chopped, divided
- 7 to 8 Starburst candies (orange for noses and colors of your choice for earmuffs)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine milk and extract. Stir in 2 cups confectioners' sugar and cocoa to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a surface lightly sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Knead in enough remaining confectioners' sugar to form a very stiff dough (dough should not be sticky).
- Divide into thirds. Shape one portion into twenty-four 1/2-in. balls. Shape remaining dough into twenty-four 1-in. balls. On waxed paper-lined baking sheets, flatten each 1-in. ball into an irregular 1-1/2-in. circle.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 oz. white candy coating. Using melted coating, attach a 1/2-in. balls near an edge of each circle. Let dry for 1 hour.
- Using Starburst candies, cut out noses and earmuffs as desired. Melt remaining white candy coating; cool slightly. Working in batches of six, spoon candy coating over snowmen, allowing coating to drape over each until completely covered. Immediately attach noses and earmuffs. Let stand at room temperature until dry to the touch, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Using a toothpick and melted chocolate, form mouths, buttons and earmuffs. Yield: 2 dozen.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/