Maple Ginger Fudge Recipe
Write a review
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. Butter the sides of a small heavy saucepan with 1 teaspoon butter; add the sugar, cream, corn syrup and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Add maple flavoring and remaining butter (do not stir). Cool to 110° without stirring, about 1 hour. With a portable mixer, beat on low speed for 1-2 minutes or until fudge begins to thicken. With a clean dry wooden spoon, stir in walnuts until fudge begins to lose its gloss, about 5 minutes.
- Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/