My Lite ’n Easy Pumpkin Cobbler
Write a review
- can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- can (12 oz) evaporated low-fat milk
- whole eggs
- egg whites
- teaspoons vanilla
- teaspoon almond extract
- cup sugar
- cup artificial no-calorie sweetener
- teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- teaspoon salt
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- cup fat-free or light spread, melted
- cup chopped pecans
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, mix all ingredients except cake mix, spread and pecans with whisk; pour into pan. In medium bowl, mix cake mix and spread with fork until blended; spoon tablespoonfuls of batter randomly over mixture in pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3 Bake 48 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
- This was originally a different version of a similar recipe given to me by a friend. I have to watch my sugar and overall diet, so I completely reworked it, tested it, tweaked it, and added/subtracted ingredients...and it’s become a favorite of mine as well as friends and family!" Jodie Gharbi
- Fat-free or reduced-fat whipped topping, or vanilla frozen yogurt or reduced-fat ice cream, are good choices to serve with this lighter cobbler.
- Pecans can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer up to 2 years without losing flavor or nutritive value. They thaw quickly and are ready to eat as a snack or use in recipes.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/