Katie´s Pretzel Wreaths
Dipped pretzels are laced with red in a treat almost too pretty to eat.
Write a review
- cup white vanilla chips or 5 oz. vanilla-flavored candy coating
- miniature pretzels twists
- (24-inch) pieces red string licorice
- 1 Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. In small saucepan, melt vanilla chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 2 Using 6 pretzels, form a circle on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet, placing side of pretzel with 1 hole on outside of ring. Remove 1 pretzel from circle; dip inner section (side with 2 holes) halfway into melted vanilla chips. Place dipped pretzel back into circle formation. Continue with remainingpretzels in circle.
- 3 To form top layer of wreath, dip 6 additional pretzels, one at a time, in coating. Place over first circle so that coated holes overlap 2 pretzels.
- 4 Repeat to make 5 additional wreaths. Refrigerate wreaths 15 minutes or until coating is firm.
- 5 Weave 1 piece of string licorice through coated holes in each pretzel. Tie bow with licorice ends.
- 6 1. MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Place vanilla chips in 2-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. 2. Microwave on MEDIUM for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted, stirring once halfway through cooking. Stir until smooth. Continue as directed above.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/