Ice Skate Brownies Recipe
Write a review
- 16 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) Nestle Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 34 miniature candy canes
- Red and blue gel food coloring
- n a small saucepan, combine the butter and half of the white chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until light and lemon-colored. Beat in the melted white chocolate, vanilla and salt. Stir in flour. Fold in 1-1/2 cups of chocolate chips and reserved chopped white chocolate.
- Spoon batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Trace an ice skate pattern onto tracing paper with pencil and cut out. Trace around pattern onto cardboard and cut out for template.
- Using the template and a sharp knife, cut out 34 skates from brownies, flipping the template over as desired to cut some skates in reverse. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine vanilla chips and 1/4 cup of shortening. Microwave at 70% power for 1 minute. Microwave in 10-to-20 second intervals until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Dip each brownie into melted vanilla chip mixture. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Spread melted chocolate over the heel of each skate.
- For skate blades, use knife to trim the curved end of each candy cane. Referring to photo above for position, use remaining white chip mixture to attach a candy cane to bottom of each skate.
- Referring to the photo for position, use red gel to pipe laces on skates. Use blue gel to pipe a snowflake on each. Yield: 34 brownies.
- Finished size: Including candy-cane blades, each brownie measures about 2-1/4 inches high x 2-3/8 inches wide.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/