Holiday Cookie Ornaments
Write a review
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup butter or margarine, melted
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- small candy canes
- containers (1 lb each) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy creamy white or vanilla frosting
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour and egg until soft dough forms.
- 2 On floured surface, roll dough until about 1/8 inch thick. Cut with 3- to 3 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- 3 Bake 5 minutes. Meanwhile, break off top of each candy cane to create loop for hanging cookies.
- 4 Remove cookies from oven; press 1 candy piece on top of each cookie to make a loop. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 5 Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 container of frosting at a time in 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Dip each cookie in frosting, allowing excess to drip off. Place cookies on parchment paper. Decorate as desired. Let stand until frosting is set, about 1 hour.
- To evenly break candy canes, cut with scissors while still in the wrapper, then unwrap and use.
- No parchment paper? Just use nonstick foil.
- The 1/8-inch rolled thickness is important for the candy holder to stay connected.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/