Holiday Cake Bon Bons
Write a review
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix, (any flavor)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy frosting
- oz (from two 24-oz packages) vanilla or chocolate-flavored candy coating (almond bark
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool 15 minutes.
- 2 In large bowl, crumble warm cake; stir in frosting until well blended. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- 3 Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Shape into balls. (If mixture is too sticky, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.) Freeze 30 minutes.
- 4 Line another cookie sheet with foil. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave 12 oz candy coating uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15-second intervals until melted and smooth. Remove one-third of the balls from the freezer. Using 2 forks, dip and roll each ball in coating. Place on foil-covered cookie sheet. Decorate as desired. Refrigerate cake balls about 10 minutes or until coating is set. Melt remaining candy coating in 12-oz batches; dip remaining balls. Serve at room temperature. Store in airtight container.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/