Giant Snowy Mittens
Write a review
- roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- cup all-purpose flour
- container (1 lb) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- Green, red and blue food colors
- 1 In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Reshape into log; separate into 2 halves. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in freezer about 30 minutes or until very firm.
- 2 Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut half of cookie dough into 16 slices. On cookie sheet, arrange 15 slices, 1/4 inch apart, in shape of mitten. (See diagram.) Roll remaining slice of dough into log; place on side of mitten; flatten to form oblong shape for thumb.
- 3 Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove parchment paper with cookie from cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Remove paper from cookie.
- 4 Reserve 1/2 cup frosting. Divide remaining 1/2 cup frosting into 3 small bowls. Add different food color to each bowl; blend well. Place each colored frosting in small resealable food storage plastic bag. Cut small hole in bottom corner of each bag.
- 5 Spread reserved white frosting evenly over cooled cookie. Pipe colored frostings into decorative pattern on mitten. Cut cookie into pieces.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/