Crisp Candy-Corn Treats
Write a review
- Cooking spray
- 9 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, divided
- 12 cup(s) miniature marshmallows, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) fine salt, divided
- 9 cup(s) crisp puffed-rice cereal, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated orange zest
- Yellow food coloring
- Red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated lemon zest
- Lightly coat a 5- by 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons unsalted butter over medium. Add 4 cups miniature marshmallows and 1/4 teaspoon fine salt; stir until melted. Stir in 3 cups crisp puffed-rice cereal and immediately transfer to pan. Coat an offset spatula with cooking spray and firmly press mixture into an even layer.
- Rinse saucepan. Repeat step 1 twice: To second batch, add orange zest and enough yellow and red food coloring to tint marshmallow mixture orange before adding cereal, then press into pan. To third batch, add lemon zest and enough yellow food coloring to tint marshmallow mixture yellow. Press third batch into pan.
- Let set 2 hours (or overnight). Run a small knife around edges of pan and invert loaf onto a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut loaf into 10 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise.
- Using your hands, gently mold each treat into a candy-corn shape.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/