Christmas Tree Cookies
Write a review
- Green Dough
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- cup butter, softened
- tablespoon green crème de menthe liqueur or crème de menthe syrup
- drops green food color
- Decorating bag fitted with small writing tip
- roll (18 oz) refrigerated sugar cookies
- Candy sprinkles or miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix green dough ingredients until well blended. Place dough in decorating bag fitted with small writing tip; set aside.
- 2 Work with half of dough at a time; keep remaining dough refrigerated. On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough with rolling pin to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-inch tree-shaped cookie cutter; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3 Squeeze decorating bag to pipe green dough around outer edge of each tree cookie; pipe dots randomly in center. Top each dot with candy sprinkle.
- 4 Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/