Christmas Tree Brownies
Write a review
- box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- Candy-coated chocolate candies
- pretzel nuggets
- or 3 drops green food color
- cup Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12 oz container)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 9-inch round cake pan with foil; grease bottom only of foil with shortening or cooking spray. Make brownie mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg. Spread in pan.
- 2 Bake 40 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. Invert pan onto cutting surface; peel foil from brownie. Trim brownie edge if desired.
- 3 Stir food color into frosting. Spread frosting evenly over brownie. Cut into 12 wedges. Decorate wedges with candies to look like Christmas tree lights. Center pretzel nugget on bottom edge of each brownie wedge for tree trunk. Store tightly covered.
- Bake brownies as directed on box in square or rectangular pan. Make frosting, adding 1/2 teaspoon mint extract. Cut brownies into squares, and decorate with foil-wrapped rectangular chocolate mints, unwrapped and chopped.
- Use a plastic knife to make cutting brownie trees easier.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/