Christmas Rice Krispie Treats: Holiday Ornaments
Write a review
- 1/4 C. butter + extra for your hands (you’ll need for shaping the Rice Krispy treats into a ball)
- 1 10-oz. package marshmallows (get them FREE w/purchase of two Kellogg’s Rice Krispies at Target)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 C. Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- Holiday-colored sugar sprinkles or jimmies
- Rolo candy
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until well-combined. Add vanilla, and stir again. Add the Rice Krispies cereal. Mix until all of the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Butter your hands well, then and shape the cereal into six balls. Make sure they’re packed tightly. Acting quickly, roll the balls in colored sugar or holiday-colored jimmies or sprinkles until coated.
- For the top of the ornament, stick a toothpick into one end of a Rolo candy. The other end of the toothpick long goes into the Rice Krispy ornament.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/