Chocolate-Cherry Layered Cupcakes
Write a review
- box devil's food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- teaspoon almond extract, if desired
- can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- containers (4 oz each) vanilla pudding
- container chocolate frosting
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, adding almond extract to batter. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 2 Just before serving, remove paper baking cups. Cut cupcake in half horizontally with serrated knife. On bottom half of cupcake, spoon 1 tablespoon cherry pie filling; top with 2 teaspoons vanilla pudding. Replace top of cupcake.
- 3 Spoon frosting into small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly until very soft and smooth, microwaving 5 to 15 seconds longer if necessary. Spoon 1 tablespoon frosting over top of cupcake. Top with 1 cherry from pie filling.
- 4 Repeat steps 2 and 3 with remaining cupcakes. Serve immediately
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/