Cherry Bonbon Cookies Recipe
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into 24 portions; shape each portion around a cherry, forming a ball. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, combine the sugar, butter and cherry juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/