Write a review
- 15 to 20 large Granny Smith apples
- Assorted chopped candies or nuts, for coating
- 1 (1-pound) box dark brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Skewer the stem-end of the apples with popsicle sticks. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with wax paper. Place desired coatings in large shallow bowls.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, milk, corn syrup, maple syrup, vanilla, molasses and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil until it registers 236 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Immediately pour the caramel into a heatproof bowl; let cool to 200 degrees F.
- Dip the apples in the desired coatings. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets to set and let cool completely.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/