Candy Corn Bundt Cake
Write a review
- Pound Cake recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookbook, page 99
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- food coloring in orange, yellow and white
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- I know that the orange glaze looks sickly sweet BUT it is NOT-- the cream tames the candy corn and the glaze is a nice addition to the cake. Try it!!
- Heat the candy corn and heavy cream on low in a small saucepan, stirring frequently. Once the majority of candy corn has melted, take the pan off the heat and whisk the glaze until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Bundt pan with baking spray and dust with flour.
- Combine sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs with an electric mixer or stand mixer. Beat on high for 3-5 minutes. Separately mix the dry ingredients-- the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture alternating with milk until just combined.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool completely in pan before turning out onto a wire rack or cake stand.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/