Candy Cane Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint hard candies
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla extract. beat until smooth. Mix in flour and salt.
- Roll into 4 inch strips, place on baking sheet. Curve top down to form handle of cane.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes. While still warm, remove from pan and sprinkle with candy and sugar mixture.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/