Candy Cane Angel Cake
Write a review
- box (16 oz) Betty Crocker® angel food cake mix
- 1/4 cups cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon red paste food color
- teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup finely crushed soft peppermint candies
- 1 Move oven rack to lowest position (remove other racks). Heat oven to 350°F. In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat cake mix and cold water with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- 2 Pour about 3 cups batter into ungreased 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan. Into small bowl, pour about 3/4 cup batter; stir in food color and peppermint extract until blended. Carefully spoon red batter over white batter in pan. Carefully spoon remaining white batter over red batter and swirl with knife.
- 3 Bake 40 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof funnel or bottle. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Loosen cake by running long metal spatula along edge of pan. Place serving plate upside down on pan. Turn plate and pan over; remove pan.
- 4 In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon milk; stir in enough remaining milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over cake; top with crushed candies.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/