Write a review
- 0 medium apples (Cortland, McIntosh, etc.), stems removed
- 10 popsicle sticks
- ½ cup water
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Rinse the apples well and pat dry. Insert a stick into the bottom of each apple. Set aside.
- 2. Candy glaze Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 143°C (290°F). Remove from the heat. Dip the apples in the syrup one at a time, coating thoroughly. Place on the cookie sheet. Let the glaze harden.
- 3. After dipping the apples in the syrup, you can roll them in crushed pistachios or peanuts.
- 4. Note Use any leftover glaze to make lollipops: Butter a marble slab or cover an inverted baking sheet with aluminum foil and oil lightly. Pour about 15 ml (1 tablespoon) syrup onto the slab or baking sheet. Lay 1 end of a wooden lollipop stick or coffee stirrer in the middle of the syrup and cover with another 15 ml (1 tablespoon) syrup. Repeat with the remaining syrup. If the syrup starts to harden in the saucepan, heat gently to liquefy.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/