Candied Ginger Pumpkin Pancakes
Write a review
- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2
- cups buttermilk
- cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- cup toasted pecan halves, finely chopped
- tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Pecan halves, if desired
- Butter, if desired
- Maple-flavored syrup, if desired
- 1 In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, pumpkin pie spice, buttermilk, pumpkin and eggs with whisk or fork until blended. Stir in chopped pecans and ginger.
- 2 Brush nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet with vegetable oil; heat griddle to 350°F or heat skillet over medium heat.
- 3 For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown. Serve topped with remaining ingredients.
- To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly until light brown.
- No pumpkin pie spice? Use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon each of ground nutmeg and ground ginger.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/