Black and Orange Halloween Candy Bark Recipe
Candy Bark is quite possibly the easiest dessert I’ve made. But even though it’s the easiest, everyone seems to love it the most. What can be better than that? To make this Candy Bark extra special for Halloween, I used black and orange candy to mix together with the white chocolate. I specifically used Black Licorice and Orange Candy Slices, but feel free to use any types of black and orange candy you can find in your local grocery store.
Write a review
- 10 cups white chocolate – chopped or chips
- 1 5-ounce package of Black Licorice, Chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups Candy Orange Slices, or any type of orange gummy candy, coarsely chopped
- Small Treat Baggies, for serving as favors
- Place the white chocolate in large heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Occasionally stir the white chocolate until it has completely melted.
- While the white chocolate is melting, place parchment paper over a large baking sheet. Once the white chocolate is smooth and completely melted, remove the pan from the heat and stir in 3/4 of the black licorice and orange candy. Pour the melted white chocolate and candy onto the parchment paper and spread until it is roughly 1/4-inch thick. Top the mixture with the remaining black licorice and orange candy.
- Allow the candy bark to cool and firm completely, about 3-5 hours. Make sure to keep the candy bark in a cool place so it doesn’t melt, and it able to firm up.
- Once hardened, cut the candy bark into 2/3-inch pieces. The pieces don’t need to be perfect. Candy bark is supposed to look rustic and imperfect.
- To use as favors, place a handful of pieces into small treat baggies. If you want, you can also tie the bags with a ribbon, or attach a cute tag.
- Tip: This bark lasts up to 2 weeks in a sealed container.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/