Bat and Cat Cookies
Write a review
- roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- container (1 lb) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- Orange gel food color
- Black string licorice
- green miniature candy-coated semisweet chocolate baking bits
- tube (0.68 oz) black decorating gel
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Make and cool cookies as directed.
- 2 Remove 1/2 cup of frosting; tint remaining frosting with orange gel food color. Frost 8 cookies with white frosting. Frost 8 cookies with orange frosting. Place remaining orange frosting in food-storage plastic bag, and cut small hole in 1 corner.
- 3 For bats, use white-frosted cookies. Place 1-inch spiral of string licorice in center of each cookie for body. Pipe wings on sides of body with orange frosting. For eyes, attach 2 green baking bits onto body of each with frosting; squeeze a dot of black decorating gel in middle of each eye. Place 2 miniature chocolate chips on each for ears.
- 4 For cats, use orange-frosted cookies. Unroll and separate string licorice; place pieces of string licorice on cookies to look like ears and whiskers. Attach 2 green baking bits to each for eyes and 1 miniature chocolate chip
- There will be about 1/2 cup of leftover frosting; you can adjust the frosting to your own taste, or spread remaining frosting between graham crackers for an extra treat.
- We prefer the more sturdy single string of black licorice instead of the softer pull-apart variety.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/