Banana Split Cake Dessert
Write a review
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- box (4-serving size) banana instant pudding and pie filling mix
- cup buttermilk
- cup vegetable oil
- teaspoon vanilla
- ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2
- quarts (6 cups) vanilla ice cream
- box (10 oz) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- cup hot fudge sauce
- cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- maraschino cherries with stems
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 2 Bake 48 to 55 minutes or until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut cake in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise 11 times to make a total of 24 slices.
- 3 Place 1 or 2 cake slices in each parfait glass or banana split dish. Top each serving with 2 small scoops of ice cream. Spoon strawberries over one scoop. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over other scoop. Top each with whipped topping and cherry. Store cake covered.
- Banana splits usually have three toppings: strawberry, chocolate and pineapple. If your family likes pineapple, spoon a little pineapple topping over the ice cream.
- If you don’t have long banana split or parfait dishes, just cut the cake into squares and use round dessert bowls.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/