Baked Eyeball Eggs
Write a review
- bag (30 oz) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of potato soup
- container (8 oz) sour cream (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2
- cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- teaspoons dried minced onion
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- slices Canadian bacon (about 6 oz)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix potatoes, soup, sour cream, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spreading evenly.
- 2 Arrange bacon slices in pairs over top of potato mixture to resemble eyes. Press bacon into mixture to form deep cups (for eggs). Bake 40 minutes.
- 3 Remove baking dish from oven. If necessary, press bacon into mixture to reshape cups. Carefully break 1 egg into each bacon cup.
- 4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or just until eggs are set. Decorate eggs with ketchup "veins" to resemble bloodshot eyeballs.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/