Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup
Write a review
- 2 2/3
- cups water
- cup butter or margarine
- teaspoon salt
- cup milk
- cups Betty Crocker® Potato Buds® mashed potatoes (dry)
- lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- teaspoon black pepper
- carton (32 oz) Progresso® chicken broth
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Chopped green onion, if desired
- 1 In 2-quart saucepan, heat water, butter and salt to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Stir in milk and potatoes (dry) just until moistened. Let stand about 30 seconds or until liquid is absorbed; whip with fork. Set aside.
- 2 In 6-quart heavy stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Use slotted spoon to transfer bacon to paper towels, leaving drippings in stockpot. Add onion and pepper to stockpot. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and lightly browned. Add potatoes and broth to stockpot. Beat with whisk until ingredients are well combined. Continue to cook until heated through.
- 3 Transfer soup to bowls. Top with bacon, cheese and green onion.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/