Almond Tree Cookies
Write a review
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cup granulated sugar
- teaspoon almond extract
- cups all-purpose flour
- cup powdered sugar
- tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- to 2 tablespoons milk
- or 10 drops green food color
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, beat 1 cup butter, the granulated sugar and almond extract with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. On low speed, beat in flour.
- 2 Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3 Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4 In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and the milk on medium speed until smooth and spreadable. Stir in green food color until uniform color.
- 5 Spoon frosting into resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to make tree shape in a zigzag pattern on each cookie with frosting.
- Add ornaments to the cookie trees by sprinkling with yellow, red and green holiday candy decors.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/